Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happenings in 2008





Well, blogging is something new to me but everyone else is doing it, so why not me?



Our lives in the Steyn household has been busy in 2008 and also full of sorrow because our beloved cat, Mila died in May.


Most of my time is taken up by planning our next holiday!


Talking about holidays we have been to quite a few places this year:













We went to Mexico in March for 2 weeks. We spent the first week at Casa Maya Resort in Cancun where we have 2 holiday membership weeks and we exchanged our timeshare week in South Africa at a resort on the island Isla Mujeres just off the coast of Cancun.


We also renovated our house in the summer. We add on a new deck and gave the bathrooms a face lift. I got my little teahouse in the back yard and was able to display 100 of my Barbie doll collection.


We were joined by my sister Betsie and her husband Marcus on a Baltic cruise in September.






It was definitely a trip of a life time. I can say that St. Petersburg, Russia was the highlight of our cruise.






After the cruise I went to visit my family in South Africa and also attended the Bruwer family reunion. It was great to see some of my cousins that I haven't seen in 35 years.
I am busy planning our next trip in April 2009 to Portugal and Spain. More about it next time.

No comments: